Saturday, November 16, 2013

Raw Electricity: Luminaughty

Only the strong survive. A statement definitively sound when describing my guest for this edition of "The K.O. Theory". LuMiNaughty, born Jazmin Despaigne is a model for perseverance through adversity. A survivor of cancer and proud veteran of the armed forces, Lumi has been through a lot in life, but through her music she proves that her best days are "undeniably" still in front of her.

Kobain: Alright Ms. Lumi, first question.. When we first met last year, I didn't wanna embarass myself by asking so I did a little research to find out what "LuMiNaughty" actually meant, but a few of the fans might not u does it mean and where did u get it from?

NAUGHTY: Good question, you’d be surprised at the misconceptions. LuMi, stands for LuMinary, one who inspires others and my luminous personality along with my smile. I also love things that bling & lights of all sorts. Naughty, now that’s more self-explanatory. I have my sensual, sexy and spicy side. You know all good ladies have naughty side. I was just thinking I needed something that can define me.

Kobain: What's you real name?

NAUGHTY: My real name, the name I was born into this world with is Jazmin Despaigne. People butcher my last name, so for all those that may not know how to pronounce it [lol] its French so just like Champagne the ”gne” makes the same sound.

Kobain: What's Luminaughty like @ home? What are your hobbies besides recording and performing?

NAUGHTY: At home I’m chill, I like to spend time with my princess, my daughter, Sha’Mya Rene. Other times I’m writing, rehearsing and working on my dance and choreography for upcoming videos and performances. Females have always held a spot in hip hop, since the beginning with acts like Salt N' Pepa, MC Lyte. Fast forward to today, Femcees are headlining national tour, Nicki Minaj, Azalea Banks. Where do you fit in with the femcees that are taking over, and how do you stay relevant?

NAUGHTY: As for where do I fit, I honestly don’t want to ”fit”. I’m creating my own path, my own sound a NEW sound. I see the direction I’m going in more like being steps ahead of what is out now.  As for doing that, and staying relevant; I stay relevant by using current musical elements and mixing and incorporating them with my own sound.

Kobain: Talk to us a little about Electechnology, your new project. First who produced the record?

NAUGHTY: My BANGIN’ single Electechnology was produced by the one and only Dox Kingdom of DoxKingdom Studios LLC, and distributed BY Got What U Need Digital. Featuring my girl, Ashley Mar Shell & Mica Swain. Electechnology is also doing numbers in the overseas sector, the UK and it's pretty much everywhere. Check it out on ITunes, Amazon, Spotify, Google Play, Juno Records [UK] and more.  So to all those reading, show love and cop your copy we’d greatly appreciate the support.

Kobain: What's the concept behind Electechnology, and how did the collaborations come about?

NAUGHTY: The concept is, ”We’re fly all the way around, and It's TIME TO ROCK THIS PARTYYY!” This is most def, a high energy track. It’s fun and speaks on having a blast at the club, being out with your girls, and peeps and how you get it poppin’. As for how the collab came into existence, I gotta give all the credit to my producer, DoxKingdom. He created the track and had a vision for it, and it involved Ashley Mar Shell & Mica Swain. He knew this collaboration would make numbers and Its doing just that.

Kobain: I've heard the record and its dope, what sets it apart from your previous projects?

NAUGHTY: This track was the first track that had more of an international sound and reach to it. It was also one of the first exclusive Pop tracks I’ve recorded.

Kobain: Lumi is more than just hip hop! What other genres do you record and how do you relate it to your core (hip hop) fans?

NAUGHTY: I wouldn’t limit myself to Hip Hop, but I can say it is a huge part of me. I’m more of a multicultural artist, with an international sound. My music ranges from Pop, Dance Hall/Reggaeton, Hip Hop, to mixing musical elements to create a new sound. As for my hip hop heads, my music covers my everyday situations.  My producer is from the hip hop era of music so he incorporates a lot of the hip hop essence into my commercial sound.

Kobain: Whats next for Ms. Lumi?

NAUGHTY: What's next? Well I’d say a TAKE OVER. My album, "UNDENIABLE" prod. by Dox Kingdom will be dropping 2014. "UNDENIABLE", because it has a big sound and will reach several different markets and audiences all at the same time. We have the album preview being hosted by NYC’s Finest Cutmaster-C, along with brand spankin' new music video! #TeamLumi is always looking for dedicated sponsors to join us on our journey towards success. If you know anyone or may be interested email serious inquiries to gwun.music@gmail.com. We are also casting (four) fly ladies for my official music video, ". If you’re interested please email a head shot to Doxkingdomproductions@gmail.com

Kobain: To the readers, and your growing number of fans and followers, what would you have to say to them ?

NAUGHTY: Just wanted to say thank you for having me on "The K.O THEORY", and huge thank you’s to all my supporters and new supporters for believing in me.TRUST SUCCESS IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! Below are my links, CHECK YA GIRL OUT!

We over here @ TKT support #TeamLumi and we wish here well in everything she do. She's truly a motivation to men and women everywhere to stay grinding no matter the difficuties life bring about.

www.luminaughtyhiphop.com

www.twitter.com/luminaughty1 

www.reverbnation.com/luminaughty

www.instagram.com/luminaughty

www.youtube.com/LuMiNaughtyTV

BOOKING EMAIL: info@luminaughtyhiphop.com

MANAGER: Lashon Jones gwun.music@gmail.com
capcity_iyah
And as always to see the movie, you gotta follow the moves...

Instagram: steelxo & capcity_iyah

Twitter: @steelxo

No comments:

Post a Comment